Lucky Tackle Box lied about their business

I was looking to get a fishing lure subscription as a gift for the holidays and i stumbled across a website called Lucky Tackle Box.I looked on their website and they said thousands of people get their boxes each month.

At first I thought that was strange because my family fishes a lot and I never heard of them. I started to look online and i could not find a SINGLE shred of evidence that anyone has ever received a box from them. Nothing on twitter, facebook, any blogs, forums. Nothing.

After googeling them I literally found almost no information about this company outside of their website. So I decided to live chat with Lucky Tackle Box to get more information. The lady on the chat, Brittany, told me they they had been around since January 2013. I asked her if they could show me some of the boxes they had sent to their subscribers and she said they could not share that.

Kind of strange since most companies WANT to share that information. I asked if she had any testimonials or reviews, and she said they didn't get any yet. A company that's been around for almost a year and does not have a single customer testimonial or review?!?!?! I asked about the thousands of boxes they "shipped" and why I could not find a single picture or mention on social media and she changed the subject.

I had a bad taste in my mouth so I left it at that. After the chat ended I decided to do a little more searching and I looked up their website on the domain WHOIS and I saw that their website was just registered in May 2013. How is that possible if she said they were around since January?!?!?

I knew something shady was going on and after doing some more research I found out that this company never really existed and they appeared to be lying about their age.BUYER BEWARE!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 9 Yes 9 46 No 46
Had the same issue 13 Yes 13
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 22 #1116127

Mystery Tackle Box wrote this... it was on their website for weeks before they took it down.

Oct 19, 2015 #1050751

We've received their boxes for nearly a year and have no complaints.

Oct 14, 2015 #1048428

I have got my first box in the mail today it is legit and they are on Facebook and YouTube

Sep 25, 2015 #1039194

This has Mystery Tackle Box written all over it. Pathetic.

2 0 Reply

Apr 29, 2015 #978028

Its pretty simple. Choose to pay 15 dollars for random tackle. If its not your bag, don't order. I have been doing this for close to a year now and have had no issues. The one shipping issue I had was resolved super quickly by shipping another. Not a scam and I do agree the website could use some work, but I have added some awesome tackle to my arsenal I would typically not buy on my own.
Two thumbs up from me.

5 1 Reply

Feb 24, 2015 #950394 Long Beach, California

ummmm most of u must work for them because like the guy says below ive called a million times and email to no reply at all . Also who the *** runs a website with just sign in to cancel anything but theres no place to log in its in black and white its a bunch of bs ir the worst customer service in the world

3 0 Reply

Jan 21, 2015 #934375 Terrell, Texas

Dumb auto correct have not gotten any replys

Jan 21, 2015 #934373 Terrell, Texas

I signed up 10 days ago and have not received my box and have payed already and have called the phone number serval tomes and all I get is an answering machine telling me to leave aessage and a customer service rep will get back with me and emailed them and have gotten my reply what gives has anyone else had this problem?

0 1 Reply

Feb 09, 2015 #943361

they ship every month on the 10th. doesn't matter when you order.

May 18, 2015 #985662

What is the phone number I can't get them to stop my account they just keep charging me

Jan 16, 2015 #931978 Naperville, Illinois

Father in law has been receiving boxes for a year. This must be a competitor posting here

6 1 Reply
fishin guy

Dec 11, 2014 #914294

In regards to the gentleman that has said he could not find anything on lucky tacklebox you are giving false information I am a fish hound and lucky tacklebox customer and have never had any problems with them both matter a fact I just spoke to the company two days ago get your facts straight before hand fyi fish hound owns the whole deal lucky tacklebox is a branch

3 1 Reply

Nov 20, 2014 #903694 Dallas, Texas

He is a competitor, I saw this EXACT SAME post on their blog page a few months back before they took it down. If you are going to be the company that posts this stuff on your blog, at least have the wherewithal to change up the defamatory message when you are trying to post as an anonymous consumer

Oneida Guide

Aug 25, 2014 #861431 New York, United States

Is this a joke? They have a last month's box page on their website!!!
"I asked about the thousands of boxes they "shipped" and why I could not find a single picture or mention on social media and she changed the subject."
Reply: Goto LTB's facebook or instagram page with tons of people showing off their boxes!
This is obviously a competitor who has to resort to mudslinging. I have tried all of the boxes and LTB is the best followed by TackleGrab as a close second. I am not going to lie though, those MTB commercials are funny as ***

4 0 Reply

Aug 20, 2014 #859207 Arkansas, United States

I have subscribed to Lucky Tackle Box for month's. This seems to be coming from a competitor of theirs or something. I don't really care about the day their were bought out or whatever, seems a little silly. I get my boxes and they're awesome so this just sounds like sour grapes

2 0 Reply

Jun 17, 2014 #828351

LTB is definitely real and also I read everything i got in this months box cause I was curious seems that LTB is linked to so there is no way it is a scam and the few boxes I have gotten good stuff haven't had the chance to try everything though.

5 0 Reply

May 13, 2014 #814808

Lucky Tackle Box is for real. Been a customer for 5 months. Their customer service has been top notch. LTB is much better than Mystery Tackle Box so I switched. OP is inaccurate.

3 1 Reply

May 14, 2014 #815040

"OP is inaccurate." Did you even read the OP's review? S/he's arguing the fact that LTB lied about the # of customers they had, which is false advertisement, that's all. LTB is for real NOW, but prior to 2013 they didn't even exist, so they couldn't have the # of customers they said they had.

4 5 Reply

Jan 16, 2015 #931979 Naperville, Illinois

Without facts, saying they lied is inaccurate. Saying that they couldn't be in business in January if their website was registered in May is inaccurate as you don't need a website to be in business.
The post is full of lies and inaccuracies and the threads here show many loyal and satisfied customers.

1-20 of 35 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lucky Tackle Box. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Lucky Tackle Box.
Filing a new complaint about